Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Cuddlingus - The act of cuddling, spooning or snuggling

Aiiight...day 3 and I'm starting to get the hang of this. One thing that's certain is that the look of the blog needs to be more appealing and interactive. I feel like you are a constrained when it comes to the look of the blog when working off a provider. Nonetheless, I'm gonna work on a header over the weekend and see what that does. If you know of any providers that offer a wider degree of personalization, please feel free to let me know.

I'm going to go back to my previous post and attribute pictures with listed links. Please let me know if you feel that a picture per link is better or adds too much to the page. I'm hoping to keep the blog succinct so people can take a quick gander at the posting and choose what they'd like to check out.

So before we get started...I'd like to thank my good friend Rob for posting the first comment. After seeing the USB posting from yesterday - he sent me a link of a Humping USB Dog. Click here to be directed to the page.

Here we go...

I love where this piece of technology is heading - the pocket projector Earlier this year I thought that it would be super cool if phones had the ability to project images onto a near by wall. Instead of cramming around a phone, you could simply project photos of your friends etc on a wall. This pocket projector was shown to the public during the 2008 CES convention.

I spent my last two evenings as a guest speaker at an OCAD course on marketing. During my presentation on trends, I shared the idea that the P2P environment is one to watch out for in 2008 and onwards (thank you TrendWatching). One of my examples of the P2P environment was Etsy and I was very surprised that none of the students had heard of this site (being at OCAD?!). I realize that Etsy has been received a lot of coverage over the last few months but I figured I'd post it anyways. For those of you who don't know what Etsy is - it's an online market place for artists. People can either post your work and sell it through the site or look for gifts and other goodies. If you haven't check it out - I highly encourage you to do so. Below is a piece of work someone is selling through the site - pretty dope.

The last post I wanted to bring to light today comes from a blog run by this dood Matt Carr who is a serious creative mind working at Umbra. On his blog he posted work done by Ian Hundley who makes cityscape quilts. They are absolutely gorgeous and I like them so much I'm going to try my hand at quilting - which according to Instructables - doesn't seem too complicated.

Finally, I've just had a thought. With a picture and an explanation of the link - this posting has gotten quite long. Maybe it would be better to simply have one link per posting and have the blog resemble a Google Reader page. Maybe I'll try that so I can upload links on the fly and not have to think about combining anything in one little package. Hmmm...again...this project will be run by trial and error. Love to hear your opinion
Have a great day.

No comments: